Patient Information Resources

Centre for Orthopaedics
Suite 10-33/34/35 Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
38 Irrawaddy Road
Singapore, 329563, Singapore
Ph: (65) 6684 5828
Fax: (65) 6684 5829

Child Orthopedics
Pain Management
Spine - Cervical
Spine - General
Spine - Lumbar
Spine - Thoracic

View Web RX

« Back

I have chronic pain in my back that no-one has been able to diagnose. I know some doctors say it's in my head, particularly because it hurts more when I'm stressed. What can I do?

Living with chronic pain can be difficult, particularly if you don't know the cause. You don't say what types of doctors you've seen but it may be worth your while to see a pain specialist. Most pain specialists are anesthesiologists, doctors who specialize in relieving pain. Even if a specific cause can't be found, the pain has to be dealt with and a pain specialist may have some ideas that haven't been tried yet. At the same time, if your pain is made worse during stressful periods, it may be a good idea to try working with a counselor or psychologist to learn how to lessen your stress reactions. If you can get a handle on this, your pain may also decrease.


« Back

*Disclaimer:*The information contained herein is compiled from a variety of sources. It may not be complete or timely. It does not cover all diseases, physical conditions, ailments or treatments. The information should NOT be used in place of visit with your healthcare provider, nor should you disregard the advice of your health care provider because of any information you read in this topic.

All content provided by eORTHOPOD® is a registered trademark of Mosaic Medical Group, L.L.C.. Content is the sole property of Mosaic Medical Group, LLC and used herein by permission.